Details & Contacts
You can download a copy of the document or there are a very limited number of printed copies available by phoning 01202 639075.
Sustainable Community Strategy
This document has been produced as a result of the information collected through the various ‘Parish Plans’that exist in East Dorset.
The document will be regularly reviewed to take account of new Parish or Town Plans coming forward.
The Strategy has two key priority focus:
1. Children and Young People
2. Those Living in Areas of Deprivation
Ten objectives will then focus their efforts around these priority areas. The objectives are:
1. Improving health and well being
2. Developing a prosperous economy
3. Reducing the fear of crime
4. Promoting learning for all
5. Developing sustainable communities
6. Actively engaging with the community
7. Reducing traffic volumes and speed
8. Developing and supporting the voluntary and community sector
9. Stimulating culture and leisure activities
10. Protecting and enhancing the environment
So for example, the priorities for improving health and well being will be to focus on reducing childhood obesity and working to improve health in the more deprived communities of East Dorset.
- Sustainable Community Strategy - 24th April 2008